Well, after a few weeks/a month of being off the grid here, I’m back with something new. And that is, to introduce to you guys what’s on my bag. [cue fanfare sound here]
For the most part of my life, the bag has been an indispensable piece of kit that I use to carry everything. And, as an amateur photographer, I use it to lug around my Svetlana (Nikon D3100) and her new sister, Zoya (Canon Canonet ca. 1960’s), and a bunch of other stuff. And so, for the love of all that is high and holy, let’s start this thing already!
Kids on the background: SO WHAT’S IN YOUR BAG?
Me: OK, OK, I’ll tell you, stop pestering me with more questions… >.<
It’s that olive green-colored bag in the right (or left, if you’re facing the monitor… whatever). A shoulder bag that I bought at a local bookstore a few months back, this baby had survived rain, crowds, and gremlins.
Well, first off, since this is a photography blog, I’ll introduce you guys to the first two things I put inside this bag – the cameras. Camera numero uno is the new acquisition from the bowels of MLA, Zoya. She is that Canon Canonet circa 1960 that you’re seeing down there. I won’t be telling much about her for now, since I’ll be doing a detailed review on her in a couple of months, but here she is. Camera numero dos is Svetlana, my Nikon D3100 that I used to shoot this picture. Well, you pretty much know about her…
The other oddities at my bag? Well, let’s just sum it up:
- A Canson 9×12 sketchpad. Used for drawing sketches for my academic stuff.
- My Samsung Galaxy Y (for music purposes) and my all-around cellphone (the white one, used for communication/flash light/etc.
- My DIY “Q Strap” ripoff, that I named The J-Strap Mk III.
- Notebooks (the yellow and the red one) for taking notes and more drawing stuff.
- Pens (Unipin, Rotring 0.3) Mechanical Pencil, and a Stabilo Marker.
- Sleeve for my netbook, which has something in common with the bag – small, cheap, and can do hardcore stuff… Well, not too much hardcore, but you get the picture.
- ID’s. Because I cannot go inside the campus without one. LOL
- A Nikon 50mm f/1.8 Prime Lens.
- SD cards
- Film Canisters (for Zoya)
- Duct Tape
- A tanto-pointed knife given to me by a close friend.
- Body and Lens cap for Svetlana
And that’s pretty much all of it.
So much for new stuff today… Anyways, tune in for moar action as I procrastinate again and do a write-up for my personal review on the Canon Canonet. Anyways, enjoy!